The past week or two have been pretty tough for me, as you can see from my previous posts… However, I’m starting to feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! So, I’ve decided to take my previous con’s and look at them in a more positive light, especially in the ways those situations have played out in the past week.
1. “Sleep deprivation ensues…”
eh, still ensuing. i plan on doing nothing but sleeping for the summer…. hi. ber. nation.
2. “My cell phone won’t recognize the charger anymore, and Verizon says it’s a hardware problem. So, I can’t has phone until May 11 when I can get an upgrade. I’m thinking about buying my own phone online and activating it myself…”
SUPER YAY! I bought a palm treo 700p smartphone off of ebay for $150 after verizon were jerks to me and wouldn’t let me get a deal on a phone in the store. so… i didn’t give them any commission, mwahahah. activation was a bit of a headache, but it was overall MUCH cheaper than going through the store. and, i got to bluetooth all my contacts to my new phone! =]
3. “Less work being published in the Pacer lately.. mostly because of upperclassmen trying to get more stories and pictures published for their portfolios, which = less need for graphics. 😦 Also, being asked to make more ads, which = more money. :)”
doing a big summer movie review graphic for the tech page for the year’s final issue. woop!
4. “Laura’s car battery is dead, which means she gets Eric’s car, and Cheryl get’s my car. Everything is difficult now.”
Laura got a new car battery, and my mom has reassured me that after graduation I get the car fo-EVA then! yayyyyy
5. “Missed the Women in Comm trip to St. Jude’s Friday because I accidentally set my alarm for PM instead of AM… and because I was planning to go on the trip, wasn’t prepared for class anyways, so still didn’t go… farther behind now…”
they had fun, and i’ll go next year. it’s no biggie now 🙂
6. “I have a billion WUTM and language labs to make up… BLEH!”
making them up steadily! only like 1 or 2 down now!!
7. “Thinking I might have to drop MUS111 next semester, because if I don’t I’ll be way overloaded… as if I’m not already”
I dropped it, and i’m over it. there was no way i was going to take an 8 a.m. music class located in the farthest building away from my apartment with 20 hours, SI-ing, working for the pacer, being an SGA senator, and rushing with adpi… 🙂
8. “I’ve gained 20-30 lbs since when I was in shape last year this time. SAD FACE!”
dylan and i have decided to get in shape together this summer. the motivation will help!
9. “Prospective new Landlord has been tre´ sketchy… not answering phone or calling back, when we were supposed to meet yesterday and talk about signing a lease and paying deposit??? meh?”
signed for the lease tuesday, and am moving into the apartment today. YAYYYYY!
10. “I have so much work to do, I can’t think straight. Includes:
– World Builders Project; need to finish content, slideshow, art, practice…
the presentation went amazingly well, and everyone loved it.
– SGA Campaigns and Elections ><
i got elected as senator! it’s all worth it.
– Voice and Diction Interview and Vocation Presentations next week.. still unprepared..
got all A’s… 🙂
– Japanese speech contest at Vandy this saturday… yet to write speech or practice it, when I’d much rather be at BDX’s parkinglotapalooza instead!
dropped out of the speech contest- wasn’t prepared enough for it anyways. gave me time to perfect the world builders presentation and do my best!
– Three sections of Math homework to be done.. boo
it actually ended up being really easy, and after taking the math chapter test yesterday i feel really good about the entire chapter.
– Viscomm brochure due next week, and I’ve only done the cover! AH!
i got an extension on it- dr. nanney gives me a lot of slack on this stuff. maybe because he always sees me running around with a billion things to do and knows i’m not a slacker…? i’m not complaining!
– I’ve missed 3 SI Lecture classes in the past two weeks…”
everything’s fine… and kids are still coming to my sessions! only a week or two more of SI sessions and i’m done for the year.
Other really good happenings as of late:
Awarded with the Dorotha Norton public speaking scholarship ($600) and outstanding Sophomore scholarship ($500) at the Communications Banquet last week. Also awarded outstanding new member of women in communications award 🙂
Decided to rush ADPi next fall, and Dylan’s going Sigma Chi. yay us!
Moving into my new apartment with Dylan, which will be amazing. I’m so excited to be out of the dorms, and for us to finally be in ONE place together. *sigh of relief….
I was asked to work on a friend’s uncle’s local political campaign to design logos, fliers, posters, etc. for elections near august (with payment!). Also, asked to help design the logo for Dr. LeDuke DDS. (Union City, TN). All for the portfolio…
My dad will be here soon for Cheryl’s graduation, as well as both sets of grandparents and a few uncles/aunts. Can’t wait to see distant fams again!
My friend, Noriko Kudo, is coming from Japan for a week in late May to visit! We finally get to show her around our hometown and introduce her to our friends. I miss her a lot, too 😦
Bensons are coming back from Memphis soon for the summer, which means lots of hanging out! They’re bringing music tooooo!
Offered a photography side-job for weekends n’ such. Sounds good, and $10 per hour!
Only really 2 more weeks of classes
Just realized that my new apartment DOES have a dishwasher. Life = GOOD.